SugarTexts, in its second phase (ST2, 2010?-?), has both theoretical, empirical, and applied linguistic dimensions.
The applied issues concern i.a.:
- Natural Language Processing (NLP): e.g., text generation (LSP)
- Differences between LSP and LGP
- Differences within LSP: e.g., the commercial texts of the factories vs. the non-commercial texts of e.g. encyclopedias
- Narratology (the SugarText as a written narrative)
- The Linguistic Relativity Hypothesis (Sapir-Whorf); Thinking for Speaking (Slobin)
- Edutainment (some factories also offer edutainment on their web pages)